Is 2023 setting up to be your best year yet, or are you already diving under the covers? Either way, we know you’ve got a few songs that encapsulate your mood. So to celebrate the new year, we’re launching a timely user experience to help you capture the moment by the time January 2024 rolls around.
Playlist in a Bottle is our latest interactive, in-app experience that captures who you are musically right now and then lets you revisit your 2023 musical self one year later.
Here’s how to make your Playlist in a Bottle:
- Ensure your Spotify mobile app is up to date with the latest version.
- Click spotify.com/playlistinabottle from your mobile device.
- Select your time capsule of choice—you can pick from a bottle, jean pocket, gumball machine, lunch box, or teddy bear.
- Answer a series of song-inspired prompts. For example:
- “A song you’re going to kiss someone to this year”
- “A song that reminds you of your favorite person”
- “A song you need to hear live in 2023”
- 5. Digitally seal your musical time capsule and send it off!
- Share a personalized card to your social channels with the tag #PlaylistInABottle.
- Come January 2024, if you made a Playlist in a Bottle, you’ll receive your personalized time capsule reminding you what you were listening to one year prior.
Playlist in a Bottle is live starting today in 27 markets and 18 languages* for both Free and Premium users across iOS and Android devices. But when January 31 comes to a close, we’ll cork the experience, so don’t delay.
*Markets: Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, U.A.E., U.K., and the U.S.
Languages: English (G.B.), Spanish (AR), Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (LATAM), Danish, German, French, Indonesian, Italian, English (U.S.), Polish, Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish, Japanese, Portuguese (Portugal), Czech, Arabic (Egypt), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), and Arabic (Morocco)