Love for an artist or song can bring people together—whether as friends or something more. So in 2016, Spotify launched an integration with Tinder that allows members of the dating app to add an “anthem” to their profile, effectively showcasing one song that gives potential new matches a glimpse into their musical world.
Fans have since fallen in love with the feature (and with each other). And since there’s plenty of music to stream together outside of that one anthem, we’re making three to four months of Spotify Premium available to Tinder Gold and Platinum members on Android devices in over 30 markets.*
In honor of this offering, we’re taking a look at some of the top trends** and anthems that are making members’ hearts skip a beat.
- In the U.S., the most Liked anthem was “Last Night” by Morgan Wallen.
- Among Gen Z, “Kill Bill” by SZA, “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus, “Creepin (with The Weeknd and 21 Savage)” by Metro Boomin, and “Anti-Hero” by Taylor Swift were some of the most popular Tinder anthems globally.
- Singles over 40 in the U.S. have been keeping up with the younger generations’ music by featuring songs like “WAP” by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion, “Bad Habit” by Steve Lacy, and “Glimpse of Us” by Joji on their Tinder profiles.
- In Japan, NewJeans dominated the top three most Liked anthems for women aged 25-30 with their hit songs “OMG,” “Hype Boy,” and “Ditto.”
- In Europe, millennials (aged 30-40) brought the nostalgia with anthems like Miguel’s “Sure Thing” (Germany and the U.K.), Arctic Monkeys’ “Do I Wanna Know” (Spain), and Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” (France).
- In North America, the most Liked anthem for women aged 30-40 was “Rich Flex” by Drake in Canada, “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa in Mexico, and throwback “Santeria” by Sublime in the U.S.
Can’t get enough Tinder music data? Check out the love songs that made a match in Valentine’s Days past.
*Offer applies to the Spotify Premium Individual plan, except in South Korea, where the offer applies to the Spotify Premium Basic Individual plan. Offer subject to eligibility and availability. Users must be a new or existing Tinder Gold or Platinum monthly user; users who purchase a one-week subscription will not be considered. Additional terms and conditions can be found here.
**Insights are based on Tinder data in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, the U.K., Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Philippines, and the U.S. from January 1, 2023–June 6, 2023.