How to Make Your Own Podcast Playlists
There are more than 3 billion user-generated playlists on Spotify. That means hours upon hours of carefully curated lists of tracks listeners can’t get enough of. Until recently, playlists were exclusive to music. But now, in the true spirit of Audio First, Spotify users can combine music and podcasts on the same playlists.
With this recently released, frequently requested functionality, users can build playlists of podcasts, or add podcasts to existing playlists for a mixed-media experience. Users can also set up a playlist of multiple podcasts in a row—perfect for a long drive or maybe a run—or integrate their favorite songs with news, comedy, or sports podcasts. (Here’s an idea: set up a selection of sunny, feel-good songs for before, after, and in between a bunch of great true crime podcast episodes—you know, to balance yourself out.)
With these new opportunities for creativity, the options are endless. And the best part—it’s as easy as making a playlist full of music.
To add a podcast to a playlist on mobile:
- Simply navigate to a podcast episode you love.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track or episode.
- Tap “Add to playlist.”
- Select a playlist you’ve already created you like to add it to.
- Or, tap to create a new playlist from scratch.
- Play around with interspersing podcast episodes with music tracks to curate hand-picked listening sessions.
- Share with your friends or make your playlists public—others are sure to love them too!
Then, once you’re ready to play hours of queued-up content, head back to “Your Library” to see all your playlists in one place under the “Playlists” tab in Music. Sound familiar? If you’ve ever made a playlist for your favorite songs, you’re already a pro.
**Pro tip: If you’re using Spotify on your computer desktop, you can stream the playlists you’ve made on mobile that include podcasts. You just can’t make a playlist with a podcast in it from your desktop—yet.